Friday 11 November 2016

Flea Market Finds, November 2016

Here is an over-all shot of the two most recent additions to my roster.
Observations by Peter Mumby,
With Photos by George Dutka

The more time that George and I spend finishing and weathering rolling stock, the more I appreciate cars that have been nicely done by other modellers.  Witness these two CB&Q 50' boxcars I acquired at last week's Kitchener Model Train Show.  These cars are both factory assembled cars from the Life Like Proto 2000 line.  They will fit in nicely with the other cars in my 1960s-era collection.  Check out George's close-up photos.

Each car has its own weathering characteristics.  Thanks to the unknown modeller who put in the effort to make these cars look so effective!

The weathering on the cars is subtle, but effective.
Each roof was done differently. This one has a good amount of grimy weathering applied.

No comments:

Post a Comment