Monday 13 March 2017

CV Caboose 4016

Freshly painted CV caboose 4016 is seen with it's original style steps still in place. I don't have a date for this photo.
Last Sunday I met up with fellow CV modeler and CVRHS member John Hajnosz at the Copetown train show. We had a nice visit and by the end of our visit we both had purchased a 55' bulkhead flat kit that could be used to build one of the following...CN, DWP or BCR car. John asked me a question that I did not have the answer for at the moment, but once I got home and looked through my files of photos found the answer. John wanted to know if any of the CV cabooses got the orange paint prior to having the end steps changed out. Here is an undated photo that shows CV 4016 freshly painted with its original steps. The caboose behind appears to be still in the mineral red scheme...so not all your models need to have their steps changed out if you model the era of change...George Dutka

1 comment:

  1. Thanks George, this is probably a rare orange paint job before the step modification. Will have to do one of these. John

    ReplyDelete