Monday 12 June 2017

Layout - Don Pearce

At the entrance to Don's layout I got a mug shot of Larry Brinker sitting and Don Pearce.
 During the NFR convention I took in a few layouts. One of the themes of at least three I visited was they are coming down after the convention. One is due to a move, but two are due to the owners age. Don Pearce's layout is one of the two. I have known Don for some time now but have never connected for a visit. With his layout open for the convention this was the last chance for me to get a look at it. So a stop in Woodstock on my way home was scheduled.

Don's layout  is HO scale and measures 24' by 36'...pretty much his whole basement. It is a freelanced layout that is well detailed. Don uses Digitrax to operate his trains which appear to be mainly from the 1950's and 1960's. Don has had help building his layout with a lot of fine backdrop scenes painted by good friend Larry Brinker. Don is also involved in the Woodstock Model Railroad Club and when the urge hits can head over there for a bit...George Dutka

Don has a lot of nice bridge scenes that make for good photograph. The backdrop is painted by Larry.

Think this is an HO version of Petticoat Jct.

Many of Don's structures are kits or scratchbuilt.

I thought this scene was one of the more impressive on the layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment