Monday 4 September 2017

Changing Seasons - Fall Railfanning

EB VIA 72 Oct 27, 2010 arriving at Komoka, Ont.
I don't do much railfanning in my own area but if I do it is normally in the fall...love those colours and the cool daytime air. I went out to Komoka, Ont. a short drive from my home on two occasions for a short morning outing back during the fall of 2010 one week apart. Unfortunately most of the colour has been lost by the time I got my act together. At that time both morning VIA trains to and from Windsor, Ont. pass through Komoka about an hour apart. I was able to snap a view on both days at a few of the many bridges found near Komoka. No action at that time along the CP which also passes through town and only one CN freight was seen while my visit. I have not been back to these locations since then for another visit...this fall maybe a good time to see what passes by...George Dutka

Seven days earlier one can see VIA 72 Oct 20, 2010 at another of the many bridges found in Komoka.

CN EB Oct 27, 2010 at the CP-CN diamond just west of Komoka on the Strathroy Sub. This location is now called Melrose.

VIA 71 Oct 20, 2010 a week earlier than the photo below in Komoka, Ont. The WB train has just entered the Chatham Sub. If you look closely one can see the bridge crossing this road once again. This is the Strathroy Sub. which takes trains to Sarnia, Ont.

VIA 71 Oct 27, 2010 near Oriole Park just west of Komoka on the Chatham Sub.

No comments:

Post a Comment