Thursday 2 November 2017

Year 7 Begins

An old friend came by a few weeks back. I built this engine back in the 1980's for my father-in-law and it was over for a visit.
The beginning of November is the start of year seven for this blog. Modeling is now in full swing with a few quick projects completed. If you are taking in the train shows in SWO stop by Peter's Trains booth and say hello as I will be helping him out at many of the shows.

I have been playing around with acrylic paints the last week or so and will show you a few of my first attempts that I think have turned out better than expected. More prototype photos are in the works as I scan through the slides that Peter has given my from his Gord Taylor collection.

The WRD has been turned back a few decades and is now running in the 1950's. Peter has a few posts in the works and Don had just returned from a trip to New England and when time is available will fill us in...so stop by from time to time and see what we are up to...George Dutka

A extra long caboose hop in Toronto. CP Spadina 1979...George Dutka collection
CP Woodstock back on July 28 1990. It was an era that still had cabooses on CP trains but with TIBS units attached. This was only done for a short time before the cabooses finally came off...George Dutka photo.

A look at my first attempt at acrylic oils.
A DPM model I just finished. It was a completed kit I picked up this spring that got a makeover.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update on what the prolific WRD bloggers are up to. Full speed ahead and keep up the good work!
    Eric

    ReplyDelete